Tuesday, May 26, 2020


Home Alone

They all gathered for drinks at sunset one last time.   It was fittingly glorious.  Glasses clinked and laughter abounded.  But now they were gone, moved on to wherever, and the house was still.    Now it was just me watching the twilight and wondering of tomorrow.  The tables were empty, and everything was put away.  The many feet and occasional dropped hors d'oeuvre that this great carpet has endured would be no more.  Times change, I’d have to get used to it.  Though now with the house to myself food would indeed be a bit more challenging.  Oh well, at least I wouldn’t have to worry about being chased by that damn cat.

Story contributed by John Galloway

1 comment:

  1. This John Galloway's entry to the "Story Line Show" He responded to one painting. This show will be up at my home in my front yard. Plenty of social distancing available. Fence Line Gallery, 10 North Valley Road, Roosevelt, NJ 08555

    ReplyDelete